You are searching about Who Won The Georgia Football Game, today we will share with you article about Who Won The Georgia Football Game was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Who Won The Georgia Football Game is useful to you.
College Football Top 10 (Part 1)
This week, I’m going to list ten college football teams that could be in contention for the national title, based on returning starters, talent and schedule.
10. Georgia: Georgia’s quiet football factory continues to impress under head coach Mark Richt. The defense allowed 16 points per game last season and will lead the way again, led by DE All-America candidate Quentin Moses, a ferocious passing thrower. The linebacking corps is also deep behind Jarvis Jackson.
The offensive line has new tunes and QB DJ Shockley is gone. But senior QB Joe Tereshinski (371 yards) stepped in when Shockley was injured last season and played well. Richt likes a balanced offense and has a powerful ground game behind junior RB Thomas Brown and junior Danny Ware. Georgia is 21-6 SU/17-10 ATS on the road under Richt! Six of their first eight games are at home, with only tough road games at South Carolina and Auburn.
9. Miami: Head coach Larry Coker has revamped his coaching staff, bringing in Rich Olson to lead the offense and John Palermo will lead the (Wisconsin) defensive line. Olson led Miami’s offense during some of its glory years in the 1990s. Junior QB Kyle Wright (18 TDs, 10 INTs) returns, along with junior WR Lance Leggett and 6-foot-6 junior TE Greg Olsen .
The running game offers balance thanks to senior tailback Tyrone Moss (701 yards, 5.1 ypc) and the tough defense allowed just 14 ppg and 3 yards per carry! Run stuffers like DE Bryan Pata and senior DT Baraka Atkins return and there are several revenge plays, including Florida State and Georgia Tech (the latter upset Miami at home). Is it still a good football program? Miami just had a first-round NFL Draft pick for a record-breaking 12th straight year.
8. LSU: LSU impressed with freshman head coach Les Miles, going 11-2. They also played a lot of road games due to Hurricane Katrina. The Tigers averaged 29.5 points, 150 rushing yards and 224 assists. Junior quarterback JaMarcus Russell returns despite suffering a serious shoulder injury late last season.
The ground game features RB Alley Broussard and Justin Vincent, while there is good depth on the sidelines. One thing Nick Saban left to Miles was a talented defense, which has five starters in a unit ranked among the top five in the nation in three categories. The line is strong behind senior DT Glenn Dorsey and junior DE Carnell Stewart. This year’s schedule is demanding, with road games in Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas. But LSU was 5-0 SU, 4-0 ATS on the road last season!
7. Notre Dame: Hats off to Charlie Weis, who electrified the Irish attack in his first year as head coach. Under his imaginative offense, Notre Dame averaged 36.7 points, 147 rushing yards and 330 assists per game! 7 starters return on offense, so watch out. Senior QB Brady Quinn is back after having 32 touchdowns, just 7 interceptions and 3,919 yards.
Three starters return to the offensive line. Junior RB Darius Walker (1,196 yards, 9 TDs) led the Irish on the ground and caught 43 passes for 351 yards. Quinn has quality goals in 6-foot-5 senior WR Jeff Samardzija (1,274 yards, 15 TDs), senior WR Rhema McKnight and 6-foot-6 junior TE John Carlson. The defense is average, although 9 starters return, so the offense may have to carry the charge. The schedule isn’t too bad, aside from a revenge trip to USC.
6. USC: 2006 was not kind to the Trojans, with the shock loss to USC in January for the national title, the loss of its best offensive players to the NFL and some embarrassing problems off the field. The attack will not be as devastating, but will be powerful. The new junior quarterback John David Booty enters the game (327 yards, 64.3% completions, 3 TDs, 2 INTs in 2005).
The best news of all is that the top wide-receiving duo in the nation is back with senior Steve Smith and junior WR Dwayne Jarrett (1,274 yards, 16 TDs). Pete Carroll has a bit of teaching to do with defense, especially with a young secondary. USC is 20-0 SU, 14-6 ATS at home the past three seasons! Road trips to Arkansas and UCLA could be tough, as well as home dates with Nebraska, Arizona State, Oregon, Cal and Notre Dame.
Video about Who Won The Georgia Football Game
You can see more content about Who Won The Georgia Football Game on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Who Won The Georgia Football Game
If you have any questions about Who Won The Georgia Football Game, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Who Won The Georgia Football Game was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Who Won The Georgia Football Game helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Who Won The Georgia Football Game
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Who Won The Georgia Football Game
Who Won The Georgia Football Game
way Who Won The Georgia Football Game
tutorial Who Won The Georgia Football Game
Who Won The Georgia Football Game free
#College #Football #Top #Part