You are searching about What Football Team Was In St Louis, today we will share with you article about What Football Team Was In St Louis was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic What Football Team Was In St Louis is useful to you.
Five Things You Probably Don’t Know About the New York Jets
The New York Jets franchise was one of the original American Football League teams founded when the rival league began in 1960. The team’s most famous first success came in 1968 when quarterback Joe Namath guaranteed a Super Bowl win over the NFL’s Baltimore Colts and then delivered on that promise. Over the years the Jets have had great players play for them on the field including Namath, Don Maynard, John Riggins, Joe Klecko, Art Monk, Greg Buttle, Wayne Chrebet, Boomer Esiason, Brett Favre, Mark Gastineau, Aaron Glenn, Bruce Harper, James Hasty, Johnny Hector, Keyshawn Johnson, Mo Lewis, Marty Lyons, Curtis Martin, Lance Mehl, Freeman McNeil, Rob Moore, Richard Todd, Ken O’Brien, Chad Pennington, Pat Ryan, Abdul Salaam, Vinny Testaverde, Al Toon, Wesley Walker, Laveranues Coles and Ty Law. Here are five things you probably know about the New York Jets.
1. One of the franchise’s earliest faces, and one of the New York Jets’ most famous players, was quarterback Joe Namath. Namath was drafted by the Jets in the 1965 AFL Draft at the University of Alabama. If he hadn’t chosen to play in the AFL, he might have played out his career as a quarterback for the St. Louis Cardinals, because it was the team that picked him in the NFL draft.
2. When the New York Jets franchise started playing, not only were they known as the New York Titans, but their team colors were also blue and gold.
3. In the 1998 NFL playoffs, New York Jets wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson saw the actions as a defensive back and ended up landing an interception.
4. When the Jets played the Patriots in December 2005, Vinny Testaverde was New York’s quarterback while veteran Doug Flutie was New England’s quarterback. It was the first time in NFL history that two quarterbacks over the age of forty faced each other in a regular season game.
5. The first New York Jets player to gain more than 1,000 rushing yards in a season was running back John Riggins in 1975.
The New York Jets have a loyal following and some of the most rabid fans in the National Football League. The team had a number of different periods of success, but also suffered from difficult times. Although they don’t always finish at or near the top of the league, the Jets have had a number of memorable moments, games and seasons. The New York Jets are one of the best stories every year in the National Football League.
Video about What Football Team Was In St Louis
You can see more content about What Football Team Was In St Louis on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about What Football Team Was In St Louis
If you have any questions about What Football Team Was In St Louis, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article What Football Team Was In St Louis was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article What Football Team Was In St Louis helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles What Football Team Was In St Louis
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords What Football Team Was In St Louis
What Football Team Was In St Louis
way What Football Team Was In St Louis
tutorial What Football Team Was In St Louis
What Football Team Was In St Louis free
#Dont #York #Jets