You are searching about Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today, today we will share with you article about Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today is useful to you.
Top 25 Poll – Week 11 – No 1 – The Auburn Tigers, Until They Lose
The AP Top 25 and Coaches Top 25 College Football polls are nationally recognized, but after more than 50 years of watching and/or covering college football games and being a former daily sportswriter, here is another point of view:
Number 1 is now clearly Auburn, and here’s why:
1) Auburn (11-0) – Spotted Georgia 3 quick touchdowns, but still won by 18 points, 49-31. Only a trip to Alabama separates the Tigers from a perfect regular-season record. Despite all the bad press last week for Auburn and its Heisman nominee Cam Newton, they responded well to the pressure. There are no wimps in hometown Auburn right now. Only one of the top 25 teams in the AP has beaten 4 ranked opponents, and that’s Auburn. Only 8 other teams among the 25 beat even 2 opponents. Stop talking about Boise State and TCU, who have each beaten only one ranked opponent all year – talk about a lack of competition.
2) Oregon (10-0) – The high-powered Duck offense (the national leader in offense and total offense) suddenly looks like it could be beaten, barely escaping California with a 15 win -13 which she could have easily lost. There are still games to come against Arizona and Oregon State. Oregon beat 2 ranked teams – Stanford and Southern California.
3) LSU (9-1) – Whipped an inept Louisiana Monroe team in the state, 51-zip. Smelling their oats. Defeated 2 currently ranked opponents – Mississippi State and Alabama – and lost only to Auburn. Then hosts the Mississippi.
4) Wisconsin (9-1) – Torn Indiana 83-20, the Badgers’ best offensive performance in 95 years! Defeated two Top 25 teams, Ohio State and Iowa. Now travel to the big house in Michigan and a confrontation with Denard Robinson.
5) Boise State (9-0) – Slapped around a lame Idaho team, 52-14. Gets Fresno State next; the Bulldogs should be a bit tougher than the Idaho Vandals. Defeated only one ranked team, Virginia Tech. Only here because they are 1 of 4 remaining undefeated teams.
6) TCU (11-0) – The Horned Frogs, who led the nation in defense and total defense, gave up 35 points and 300 yards to State Diego State before winning by 5, 40-35. Beat only one ranked team, Utah, which lost this week to Notre Dame, 28-3. Plays 173rd for New Mexico in his last game, a real laugh for some fierce competition. Only here because they are 1 of 4 remaining undefeated teams, no wonder given how competitive they are.
7) Michigan State (9-1) – Was inactive this week. Has as many wins as any team below them, but has also only beaten one ranked team, Wisconsin, a very good team that is also 9-1. Host Purdue next, ranked 93rd and not exactly a powerhouse at 4-6.
8) Stanford (9-1) – Not impressive in the 17-13 win over Arizona State. Defeated 2 ranked opponents – Southern California and Arizona. He must now travel to California, where the Bears just lost to No. 1 Oregon, 15-13. The Cardinal had better be ready, otherwise he risks being beaten for the second time this year. A big win against California would give Stanford extra stature.
9) Nebraska (9-1) – The pesky Cornhuskers limited Kansas to a total offense of 87 yards, 5 first downs and 6 sacks while winning 20-3. It’s a good thing that Nebraska has a defense with its recurring offense. Defeated two ranked teams – Oklahoma State and Missouri. Trip to Texas A&M this week.
10) Alabama (8-2) – Eliminated 17th-ranked Mississippi State, 30-10. Has wins against two ranked teams – Arkansas and Mississippi State. Keeps hanging on despite losses to South Carolina and LSU. Play AA Georgia State next, an absolute joke. The Crimson Tide better trick Georgia State into staying here.
11) Arkansas (8-2) – just beat UTEP 58-21. Defeated 2 ranked teams – Texas A&M and South Carolina. Only lost to Auburn and Alabama. Then goes to the state of Mississippi.
12) Oklahoma State (9-1) – Texas turned down, 33-16, but the Longhorns are weak this year. The win wasn’t that big, but no other team is doing really well either. Defeated 1 ranked team – Texas A&M. Then goes to Kansas. Should score more points against the Jayhawks than Nebraska.
13) Southern California (7-3) – Upset 18th-ranked Arizona, 24-21. Trojans are starting to feel their mojo. Arizona was Cal’s first win against a ranked team. Then goes to Oregon State and must win to stay here.
14) South Carolina (7-3) – Beat No. 24 Florida in convincing fashion, 36-14, to wrap up the SEC East Division title and go on a 12-game losing streak against Florida. Never underestimate Steve Spurrier on the road in The Swamp. When he coached the Florida Gators, his record was 122-27-1 with 9 SEC East Division titles or all-time titles, and the national championship in 1996.
15) Ohio State (9-1) – Whipped Penn State 38-14. Defeated 1 ranked team, Miami, FL. Then goes to Iowa and better win big to stay here. The Buckeyes aren’t that big, but neither are the teams below.
16) Texas A&M (7-3) – Defeated Baylor 42-30. Defeated 1 ranked opponent, Oklahoma. Hosts Nebraska next in what should be a great opportunity for the Aggies or Cornhuskers.
17) Virginia Tech (8-2) – Took North Carolina to school, 26-10. Haven’t beaten a ranked opponent this season. Then goes to Maimi (not in Ohio, but in Florida). Must have a no excuse win to stay here.
18) Oklahoma (8-2) – Slammed Texas Tech, 45-7, but still hasn’t beaten a ranked team this year. Then gets the Baylor Bears.
19) Nevada (9-1) – Almost croaked and choked against Fresno State, eventually winning 35-34. Did not beat a ranked team. Only here because the Wolf Pack has 9 wins with a lousy defense.
20) Missouri (8-2) — Slipped by Kansas State 38-28. Defeated 2 ranked teams – Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Next goes to Iowa State and should have a field day with an easy win.
(Ed’s note: I’m just tired of Iowa, Utah, Arizona, Mississippi State and Central Florida, all lost again this week, so I’m throwing them away and I’ll be looking for some new blood. My new picks might not be that much better, but they could use some recognition.)
21) San Diego State (7-3) – Woke up TCU with 11 wins by scoring 35 points over the nation’s top defense, and lost just 5 to the Horned Frogs. Next hosts Utah. Good luck to the Utes, they might really need it.
22) Northwest (7-3) – Upset 13th-ranked Iowa, 21-17. The Wildcats have the 11th best passing efficiency in the nation and the 18th best quarterback in Dan Persa. Northwestern now has a win over a ranked team, which Virginia Tech, Oklahoma and Nevada can’t say. Hosts Illinois next, a real test against a solid team.
23) Northern Illinois (8-2) – Doesn’t have very good wins against tough teams, but has 8 wins, like Nevada. Then goes to Ball State and is expected to win.
24) Temple (8-2) – Has no real big wins, but has 8 wins. Next hosts Ohio.
25) Notre Dame (5-5) – Hey, don’t panic. Just beat Utah snot 28-3. Did college football a huge favor by exposing an undefeated and 8-0 team two weeks ago. The Utes first lost to TCU 47-7 and are now beaten by Notre Dame 28-3. TCU was the first real team Utah played all year – apparently Notre Dame was second. Notre Dame has a shot at becoming bowling eligible this week when the Fighting Irish host Army.
The key games for the coming week include just 3 games with opposing ranked teams – Ohio State at Iowa, Arkansas at Mississippi State and Nebraska at Texas A&M. Other games of interest are Utah at San Diego State, Wisconsin at Michigan, and Fresno State at Boise State. Watching college football on Saturday is better than raking leaves or shoveling snow.
Copyright © 2010 Ed Bagley
Video about Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today
You can see more content about Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today
If you have any questions about Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today
Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today
way Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today
tutorial Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today
Ncaa Top 25 Football Scores Today free
#Top #Poll #Week #Auburn #Tigers #Lose